Sunday 21 February 2010

LFW: REASON 983727 WHY I J'ADORE KOMA


David Koma is the epitome of high London fashion. He is young, he is talented and I firmly believe he has the talent to possibly develop into something that could eventually be compared to the late Alexander McQueen as one of the greatest designers London has ever bred.

His AW10 collection was inspired by graphic artists of the early twentieth century. Techniques of diagonal and rapid strokes within a triangular frame emphasize the idea that the perceived world is in constant movement. The use of fine Italian wool, nappa leather with exaggerated triangular seams really refined the female silhouette.

Unfortunately, I wasn't invited to the show, but that doesn't stop me from writing something about this Georgian genius. I still got to see his AW10 collection at the exhibition in Somerset House yesterday and it truly blew me away! The shoulders, the detail and the fabric was absolutely stunning. A couple of my friends watched the show and left the place umm-ing and err-ing but I think until you see his collection up close, that is the time when you can actually admire such fantastically executed garments.




2 comments:

  1. Hello you,
    Lovely to meet you at LFW!
    Really enjoyed reading this piece :)

    Hope you're having a fabulous time x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely meeting you too hunny! It was great! x

    ReplyDelete